ColdFusion Community

The online ColdFusion / CFML community website

Hi all,

I am trying to start developing RIA on Solaris platforms. I am a ColdFusion adept and have been doing Flex for a while. I have not the muscles to pick up a new tool such as NetBeans or Studio and learn all over again.

I want to know how to develop my apps with CodFusion on Solaris. There is no adobe suite fo Solaris such as dreamweaver or Flex. ColdFusion ships on Solaris so there are certainly some of you programming with it.

I need some recommendations on IDE and ways to develop with ColdFusion for Solaris platforms. The idea being to create RIA and one day AIR type apps for Solaris desktops if Adobe ships AIR for Solaris.

Thx for your insights.

Tags: solaris

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Eclipse IDE will run on a Solaris machine, so install that and then download and install the CFEclipse plugin designed to let you write ColdFusion code using Eclipse.
Thanks so much for your reply. I was feeling alone in this world.

I will try that.

Best regards and thanks again. Saved my day.
I'd have replied sooner, but I wasn't 100% sure Eclipse would run on Solaris until I got confirmation about it today. Apparently you just have to run the Java executable that comes in the downloadable Linux version (so says my source).
You could effectively do all your development with (free) ColdFusion Developer Edition, CFEclipse, Flex Builder (Alpha 3 as of now) on Linux. This will enforce Unix practices such as attention to case sensitivity. Then when development and testing is complete, you could publish the application in your ColdFusion Enterprise Edition on Solaris. The differences between CF on Linux and CF on Solaris are negligible.
Thanks for your help.

I will try that.

Best regards.

RSS

Latest Activity

Dennis Matteson updated their profile
Jun 22
Ben Koshy updated their profile
May 2
Ben Arledge updated their profile
Mar 8
Matt Osbun and CVgeek are now friends
Feb 9
Matt Osbun updated their profile
Feb 9
Pragnesh Vaghela updated their profile
Jan 23
Profile IconBibin, Octal Info Solution, Ashley Andersen and 2 more joined ColdFusion Community
Jan 18
Bibin liked Pablo Varando's discussion What are you looking for in Free ColdFusin Hosting?
Nov 28, 2013

Members

Translate this page

© 2014   Created by Nick Tong.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service