ColdFusion Community

The online ColdFusion / CFML community website

Anyone here use a CF CMS system besides FarCry? If not, please share your experiences with FarCry.

thanks!

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Amy,

feel free to have a look at our (commercial) cms solution CONTENS, developed since 1999. You can find more information about our solutions and our customers on our website www.contens.com

Best regards

Joerg
Joerg,

thanks, I will check it out.
We are a CommonSpot shop.
Heya Maureen,

What's your opinion on PaperThin(CommonSpot)? Are you happy with them? Their customer service? Mind if I bug you off forum?
They are very receptive to any issues we present. We have a pretty large installation and a large number of developers plus editors.
Like any app, it can take some effort to get things configured correctly for peak performance ;) and sometimes this is not limited to infrastructure alone.
You are welcome to contact me off-site. If I can't answer your questions I can find someone who can.
thanks Maureen! I appreciate you sharing your experiences!
Yes, Knivis.com
Farcry is more than a CMS, it's also a framework and that makes it a very powerful tool to create complex web applications. It's important to give yourself some time to understand the basic architecture of a Farcry application to take advantage of all the features and be more productive with it. Having spent some time with Geoff and the Daemonites for more than a year, I can safely say that Farcry is in the hands of one of the most dedicated, committed and community oriented team. The built-in CMS functionalities will save you a lot of time and if you need more, the underlying "formtool" mechanism is the key to develop in Farcry. This is one of the first area to investigate if you plan to use it seriously. About the docs, read carefully to which version of Farcry it relates to as from a version to another, the differences are huge. And if you don't find the answer, there is a mailing list where you generally get an answer very quickly - dare I say one day.

RSS

Latest Activity

Profile IconJohn McClain, Michael Steen and Cfdevshop joined ColdFusion Community
Oct 23
Jelle Kralt updated their profile
Sep 19
CVgeek added a discussion to the group CF Contractors
Thumbnail

ColdFusion Developers (London)

ColdFusion Developers (London)The vacancy is with an established independent B2B industry leading online news, research and events business providing a combination of free –to-air news and subscription based market intelligence databases and services. The company also provides online best practice and professional communities and industry events, large and small.Role:They are looking for an experienced additional ColdFusion developer to join the small in-house team to support continued…See More
Sep 11
CVgeek added a discussion to the group Coldfusion Jobs
Thumbnail

ColdFusion Developers (London)

ColdFusion Developers (London)The vacancy is with an established independent B2B industry leading online news, research and events business providing a combination of free –to-air news and subscription based market intelligence databases and services. The company also provides online best practice and professional communities and industry events, large and small.Role:They are looking for an experienced additional ColdFusion developer to join the small in-house team to support continued…See More
Sep 11
kanth posted a blog post

ColdFusion Application Development by ColdFusion Programmers & Developers

ColdFusion application development is associated with the website development. With the unique features of the ColdFusion development along with the ColdFusion Makrup Language which resembles scripting components like JSP and PHP and even ASP but it bares the most resemblance to HTML syntax. The ColdFusion allows developers to develop content publishing systems, dynamic sites, ecommerce sites, self service application and much more.…See More
Jul 30
Isaac Dealey updated their profile
Jul 29
Thomas Bishop updated their profile
Jul 29
Profile IconBecky B, kanth, Jim Bossemeyer and 15 more joined ColdFusion Community
Jul 29

Members

Translate this page

© 2014   Created by Nick Tong.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service