Since adobe swallowed macromedia, ColdFusion become enterprise level server technology. The most important changes since then are:
I’m not going to list all new features in CF9 because it is really a lot and
- CF is not limited to tag base syntax.
- CF is not limited to use custom tags or include page to serve reusability.
- CF become close to Object Oriented Programming language.
- CF is able to communicate efficiently with different technologies such as .Net, COM, JAVA etc.
- Flex integration with CF
- Finally eclipse base IDE ColdFusion Builder.
many people blogged about it already. Above mentioned features grabbed my
attention for simple reason, CF is behaving as OOP language. I have to give the
credit to ColdFusion team and their management. It is time for us as community
to say Thank you. ColdFusion team is one of the most humble and friendly team I
ever met, personally I would like to thank Ben Forta, and Adam Lehman for their
unlimited support to the community and always responding for any questions we
Lately I notice a lot of request for ColdFusion programmers as a lot of Companies acknowledged that CF is the best back end for Flex and
vice versa. It’s time to make CF with Flex or Flex with CF as one complete solution.
It is the time for ColdFusion developers to catch their colleges to digest OOP.
Some of OOP
concepts are (Class, Object, Instance, Method, Interface, Inheritance,
and so on.). In my next blog I will demo complete SOA application using OOP